Ernie's gone back to NY. The next trip I'll be making down to the airport, will be my own flight out of this country...
This is my third or fourth time down to the airport this month??? Chuanxin, Leb, and now Ernie. Watching them go through the gates, the farewell hugs to the family members, the 'farewell' prayers said, the last nag from the concerned mothers. Different individuals, but the same distinct pattern. Well, that's just the science part of me working... Looking at patterns and similarities.
Another thing that I attribute to my 'science-ed' education is that I like to sit down, think and reflect. Maybe that's just the melancholic side of me. hehz. Anyway....
'16 years of friendship....' As Kangwei likes to say all the time (: Many many years of God grace, I would say. Of course, I am very thankful for that. It really is a privilege to grow up with a group of brothers and sisters in Christ. I cannot stress that enough.
The 84 batch.... as we are more affectionately know as. Even for people like Leb, Toshi, Zhiwei, Em, Deb, Ollie etc etc. The people we grew up with. I cannot and will not ever dare to say that God's hand was not in this. Thinking about it, I believe that it's a small miracle and that it's all part of His plans that we are still in GBC.
Why are we still in GBC? Why is our batch the one that is the more or less 'intact'? Far beyond being the children of elders, enjoying the company of friends in GBC, there has to be far greater reason for everyone to still be in the same church. Believe or not, I think there's no element of coincidence, but rather really all part of divine arrangement. Well, I guess we'll have to see how things unveil ahead of us... His plans are always exciting.
Nonetheless, I am and always will be thankful for the many many wonderful Sundays.
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
1 comment:
amen, brother! you guys are truly a big blessing to me.
Post a Comment