Outer beauty vs inner beauty. How the world looks at people's appearance. Frankly, I'm not here to debate about whether one should go under the knife or not.
Shows like nip/tuck, extreme makeovers etc etc. Sometimes I just marvel at how far medical science has brought us. They weren't kidding when they said EXTREME makeovers. How a face can change in a few operations. How someone's confidence can be lifted to the skies by just his own appearance. Good looks is definitely a gift. I have to say, the difference maker really has to be one's smile. A smile really changes it all. Well that's just my 2 cents.
Then again, it really is a challenge to look beyond mere appearances and looks, which is something humans find it so hard to do. Beauty is only skin deep, or so they say.
Hmmm still dwelling on this topic of appearances. Some people don't believe in saving money when it comes to apparel. Dress for the occasion, wear something respectable/worthy of your status. Some say that dressing shabbily means disrespect for the person you're going out with. How is true is that? It's still open to discussion.
If I wore a t shirt, berms and slippers/thongs into a Hugo Boss store, would the service be any different from wearing a well ironed suit in? Well I guess that's society and reality, some places do treat you better if you look as if you have a thick wad of money in your wallet. That again is open to debate.
"@!#* rich people, one day I'll be as rich as them." I used to think like that last time, but thankfully that mentality didn't last around for long. One of the hardest things in this world is to knowing how to be content and appreciative of what we have. True there is always a need to improve and be discontent with the status quo on certain things, but there is also a need to be thankful.
People go through life on different paths, facing different challenges. A great challenge to one person might seem worthless to another. There are things to learn from each other, regardless of age, gender or occupation. A bad mistake to have is really to discount/look down on someone else's life lessons or experiences. That is something I'm trying to learn. To criticise less and to listen more.
Like they say, why comment on the speck on someone else's eye when you can't even see the pole in your own.
No comments:
Post a Comment