What's a dream? A piece of fluff floating in our heads or a reflection of innermost desire? Have you ever wept for a dream? A cry of desperation for a dream.
They say that dreamers are mad people. Then again, lunacy and greatness are never far apart from each other. Look at Joseph, from a slave to prisoner to minister. I wonder, during the nights in prison, would he ever think about the dreams that he had when he was a boy.
Even so, when does a dream change from imagination into a great vision? When does a dream become worth striving for? What makes people chase their dreams? We are only limited by our own imagination... If you can imagine it, then it is possible for that to happen.
++++++
Penny once asked me, 'What do you want MUOCF to be known for?'
Carlton is strong in the Word, Parkville the loving community. It's not about comparing but it's about grace, to be gifted in different areas. It's quite sad to go to convention and just hear that MUOCF is known for its size only. Don't get me wrong, not that I'm not thankful for the people coming, but I do not boast in size. Furthermore, just being known for size is sad.
Hence, back to the question. What do I want MUOCF to be known for?
Prayer.
The answer came as easy as it could be. At that point of time, I don't know whether I said it out as a joke but I knew it was an innocent answer. I wanted MUOCF to be known for, NO i wanted MUOCF to be a house of prayer.
'My house will be a house of prayer for all nations...' When dreams and visions collide and melt into one. A community of people who pray for every/anything and who are transformed by prayer. A transformation to be more Christ-like, in actions and speech. A community where people have the confidence that they have brothers and sisters praying for them.... and so much more... so much much more....
Dreams? Perhaps.
++++++++
Lastly, here's something that the real Jonathan once said:
'Nothing can hinder the LORD from saving, whether by many or by few.'
3 comments:
its not important what we are KNOWN for. It's far more important what we actually do.
-jiaming
definitely! no one said we weren't gonna do it.
i guess we just have to be careful that we are truly known for doing things rather than we do things because we want to be known for them.
Post a Comment