Thursday, September 28

Do you realise?

It's been a sobering past few nights. To know that there's much much much more that can be improved in my life.

One aspect that I have been guilty of perhaps is that I have not been fervent enough in pushing for the persistence in prayer of the people around me.

A kingdom of priests, and a Holy nation. Where does prayer fit in all of it? Prayer and a holiness go hand in hand. There CANNOT be one without the other. True prayer stirs the hearts of men and plants in us the desire to be holy. God desires us to be holy, and I believe that it is that outflow of Christ's love and holiness in our lives that will touch the people around us.

The power in a prayer of faith. It is the greatest weapon the saints have, and yet often we dont realise the power of it. I confess that I am guilty of that. God delights in hearing our prayers, and I reckon we havent really grasped the extent at which He will go to to answer our prayers. If only we asked!

The bible calls us to 'Ask of Him.' Jesus was not spared that call either (Ps 2) Even as the son of God, he prayed and he asked.

Sometimes we think that prayer and works are totally unrelated. Something I learnt is that prayer is the greatest work! Prayer is no easy task. It requires energy and perseverence. Laziness, haphazardness, unwillingness has nothing to do with it. The aim of all our prayers is to reach the ear of God. And only if we put our heart, mind and soul into it, the HS will help us pray. It is a struggle! Jacob wrestled a WHOLE night for a blessing, and it was worth it. To dwell in the presence of God, it is definitely worth it.







Lastly, prayerful leaders brings forth prayerful followers. I really think there is an additional msg to the C wrt to prayer. The exact details of it, I'm not sure yet. It'll all be clear soon.

No comments: