Sunday, August 27

Puuuuggeeeeeeee Stick Sparring

Fighters ready? READY!!
En garde! ENGARDE!!!!!
Ready, fight!!! (insert inhumanely loud battle cry here)


no matter what, the thought of sparring just puts a very fond memory in my head. Contrary to popular believe, trying to beat the living daylight out of someone is actually quite tiring. In just that measely 2 minutes of sparring, I feel as if like my whole life has been drained out of me. The first 30 seconds is full out adrenaline, then as the energy reserves run out, it becomes mind over matter. Each swing or kick becomes harder... The legs and arms become heavier. The only sound heard is the sound of my own panting. And any lapse in concentration just results in a sucker blow to your face.

That is why I spar with friends haha..... and frankly, it becomes as arranged as a professional wrestling match. Sometimes, taking that blow to the face and pretending that I'm winded earns me and my friend that extra 10-20 seconds of rest as the referee comes to check on us. Of course, the whole point of pretending is to make each other look good as well, so that the judges will be impressed by both of us. Win win situation eh?

what are 'brothers' for??? ha ha ha man the army is so full of acting nonsense and fakeness.

So here's how the script goes: the bigger guy (usually me) always puts the pressure on the smaller guy at the beginning. In that process, the match is often halted as the smaller guy complains that he cant see due to all the hits to the head. (which is obviously fake in order to get some more rest time). Then midway throught the 2 minutes, the smaller guy mounts a comeback, using his 'agility' and 'quickness' to outmaneuver the big guy. The fight seemingly evens. In the last like 30 seconds or so, it just becomes a frenzied assault against each other to create the illusion of desperation and hunger to win. Like wild animals pouncing on each other with reckless abandon. The ending goes both ways... depending on who 'won' the last sparring match.

I dont know why, but someone always gets impressed by this stupid show... They absolutely love it when both of us put up the above mentioned stupid show. I get comments like 'good fight' and 'can i spar with you?' after that (the latter which I obviously decline)... I think both of us can act better than jean claude van damme in a fighting scene... hahaha

***

Onto other stuff: The weekend has been.... cant really find a word to describe it. But I liked it, despite of all the uncertainties and fear i felt in my head. It's really about believing in what i cannot see. Faith. I know that it won't be easy next year. Every single fibre of my being knows its gonna be a challenge. Dying to self, taking up the cross. Me a leader in that capacity? I never thought that I would be at this crossroads. In fact I would have never even thought about taking the path laid before me based on what I did or who I am. but its all about what the did at the cross. Grace will see me through (:

Soccer on saturday was er.... We got taken to school and back. A few times. hahaha but all in good fun. I will really miss the soccer guys when they're gone. The core of the team: TMH and SS... I really hope i get to play in their testimonial match. It's one match I WILL play my heart out.

Caught up with some old friends and my family on msn. My dad was to do accupuncture on me when i get back. hahaha and apparently one of my friends is out of the losers' club. hahahaha its just nice to talk and to catch up (:

No comments: