Monday, September 12

What goes around comes around

Mid Semester was here and it was gone. The last 2 weeks was just full of tests, schoolwork and more stuff. Man i havent watched night TV for the past 2 weeks. No house, grey's anatomy, numbers... missed all the good shows just to prepare for tests and all that preparation wasnt even enough, especially for physics. Oh well what can i say, this semester aint no walk in the park anymore... and i like it that way better.

Ok sometimes i just think that my 2 years in the hellhole has really warped me. I think that somewhere deep inside me there's just this sick perverted part that relishes working under extreme stress, pushing my body and mind to the limits, depriving myself of sleep, being a workaholic... Sometimes i really just wonder what kind of person i have become after the 2 years. Despite of how i loathe pushing, depriving, overworking myself, somehow some part of me just silently likes to do the above mentioned. I really don't know...

On to something else. I cant sympathize. I just cant sympathize with someone who i dont have same experiences with. I can LISTEN but i cant sympathize. I'm sorry but i think that if u claim that you sympathise with someone but you havent experienced the same hurt and hardships that person went through, youre just a plain hypocrite.

"I understand how you're feeling now... I understand what you're going through right now." If you havent had any similar experiences. Please dont ever use the above phrases. I went for a PR course once and i know that people dont like hearing the above phrases. If you weren't ever in the person's shoes, you can NEVER understand how he/she is feeling.

Ethics. Do you live by your own set of ethics? What are you living by? My friend once said that live by a weird set of ethics and principles... Courtesy of a mix of Christian teachings and chinese culture and principles i guess. I say that its better to have some prinicples and ethics in my life rather than living life like it was out of control much less letting my emotions and circumstances control my life.

Ok that ends this weekend's post. Just wanted to get some stuff of my chest... Impressions changed, respect lost. Despite the amount of negativity in this post, i've had a great weekend thanks to my family and friends. I'm doing fine... i guess :)

No comments: