Wednesday, November 23

Becoz Of You

The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Despite of talk about sg changing, the TV still sucks here. Seriously lack of gd TV shows. The only exceptions are a few foreign dramas i.e korean/japanese. For English programmes, Aussie beats sg hands down... Numb3rs, House MD, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Rove Live etc etc. The Chinese drama serials are just plain disgusting... I fall in love with you, I backstab you, I try to harm you, I cheat you, I get revenge. You catch my drift? Why do most Chinese dramas have this scheming and plotting nonsense? There's more than one way to create a plot twist. Chinese drama serial (Local ones) become so predictable sometimes.

Onto more rants: why do TV hosts always wanna act cute? Is this what the general audience wants? It's really quite sad to come back after a while and still find Fiona Xie acting cute. Give her a better identity instead of this cutiepie nonsense. It's lost its novelty. Simply no change. You know how people and things improve, evolve into something better? It apparently doesnt occur here. Rather there seems to be a case of degeneracy (pardon the science terms). Personally i would rather see Lisa Ang host than Fiona Xie host. There was this other not so manly host on TV who seriously needed some testosterone stuffed down his throat. Urgh... Now Channel NewsAsia has become my new favourite channel. Simply because its more professional. Or i prefer to turn off my TV and not to be forcefed the nonsense that appears on screen nowadays.

Anyway, I thinked i might have gone slightly crazy... Before my flight back, I was at the newstand trying to figure out what to buy and read. None of the books really interested me so i went to the magazine stands. FHM, Ralph, Gamepro etc etc... I dont know what really possessed me to do it but i actually bought New Scientist and boarded the plane with it. Lo and behold, i am really on my way to becoming a full time geek/nerd. I actually understood most of the articles in the mag and found it intersting (spent 2 hours reading new scientist on the flight)... haha shock and horror. And in my past few days in sg, i went to most MPH, Popular and realised something: There's not a single science mag on sale. That's quite saddening. Maybe i should go down to borders to check it out. OR maybe i've gone slightly insane... haha

Yup in a few hours i will be back at the Doghouse... the army camp called 42. No idea what they are goin 2 throw at me this time. Hopefully i will get it over and done with and i can kiss all my liabilities in sg gdbye. Never wanna have anything to do with the SAF anymore. I should really get an Aus PR or citizen as a gf, marry her and become a PR myself... Get a job in some foreign country hahaha no more reservist then !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha my sis and i are aussie prs!! lols. =] wanna marry us??
small one.

M said...

yeah whatever you say. ur sister got bf already. no choice take u lah hahaha

Anonymous said...

Remember ah... Ly Chee, Chee ken, Chee lee, Chee nah...

~Jess =) said...

Guc Cheee

~Jess =) said...

Mua Cheee